Make no mistake. Destination weddings can be pricey, but not if you know how to make them work. Besides, the fact that you will host your wedding at your dream destination is all that matters.
Here is a guideline to who pays what.
In any wedding, there are several parties involved. They are;
- The bride and groom
- The grooms buddies and parents
- The bridesmaids and parents
Now if you want a wedding where you do not have to shoulder every cost, you need to share out the costs to all these people. The following is how the destination wedding costs are shared among the parties to a wedding;
The Bride and Groom
As the most important people in this ceremony, you are expected to cover the following costs;
- The reception after the nuptials
- The dress rehearsal on the eve of the wedding
- The welcoming party (if there is one)
The Grooms Buddies and Parents
Expect to fund the following destination wedding activities if you are in this group:
- Your own clothing
- Bride, bridesmaids' and guests transport to the venue
- Any group activity that is going to be done during the wedding ( you can agree with the other side to share the cost)
- Accommodation for the bridesmaid
The Bride, Bridesmaids and the Bride's parents
Expect to pay for the following;
- The wedding gown (although the groom can volunteer to pay for it). It is advisable that the wedding gown is a surprise to the groom on the wedding day.
- The bridesmaid wedding gowns
- All the makeup and other things that make weddings beautiful
As a guest to a wedding, don't overburden the bride and the groom. You are expected to pay for;
- Your plane ticket
- Any expense that is not part of the wedding
- Make sure you give gifts to the bride and groom
- Dress for the wedding
- Remember it is not your day. Don't overdress as to compete with the bride or the groom
Note that the above is just a guideline. Either party can fund whichever part of the wedding expense he/she sees fit. The wedding venue, decorations, videos and cameras and all other arrangements are made in consultations from both the bride and grooms sides.
Where do you want to go?
- Explore The Worlds Most Amazing Destinations
- Saddle up for an Equestrian Adventure with National Geographic
- Uniworld + Butterfield & Robinson Active Travel River Cruises
- Six New Intrepid Trips for Solo Travelers
- Great Deals at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts
- Cruise to Cuba? Yes You Can!