The City that Never Sleeps has thousands of attractions that will fill up your days and nights. It is also a great place to bring your kids for a vacation. It has places to see and activities to experience just for kids!
Here are the top ten places your kids will enjoy in the city.
- Sony Wonder Technology Lab. Although recommended for children ages 8 to 14, younger kids will also love and appreciate the Sony Wonder Technology Lab. It features interactive exhibits, free movie screenings, and a fun museum for kids. A fantastic way for kids to learn more about technology. Reservation is a must.
- Toys R Us in Times Square. Aside from watching your kids going crazy over thousands of toys, this is where you can take a 60-foot indoor Ferris wheel ride with them!
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum. Interactive exhibits provide kids’ activities that will allow them to explore a street full of shops, a replica of Brooklyn. They can also dress up and dance along with video dancers from local ethnic groups. It features a number of events scheduled throughout the year which they can participate in.
- Coney Island. The home of two amusement parks where you can your kids can enjoy thrilling rides, bumper cars, a variety of games, sideshows, parades, a game arcade, and lots of food!
- National Museum of Mathematics. If your kids have a fear of Math, this is where they will conquer their fears, and learn more about the world of mathematics. It has a number of exhibits, galleries and programs that will show kids that math is a fun subject.
- Historic Richmond Town. A living history village where kids can learn about history in a fun way. It also hosts live performances, food festivals, and kid-friendly events.
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. An aircraft turned into a science museum, this is where kids will have the opportunity to enjoy a number of activities in an activity indoor zone where they board small boats, explore the living quarters of its former crew, and even try on astronaut’s gloves.
- Museum of the Moving Image. Kids will be able to learn more about the history, technique and technology that is involved in film making through exhibits, artifacts, and education programs. The museum has a collection of more than 130,000 artifacts related to TV, motion pictures, and digital technology.
- Jane’s Carousel. A restored 1922 carousel featuring two stunning chariots and 48 excellently carved horses in a 3-row machine. Named after Jane Walentas who purchased it in 1984 and spent more than 20 years to restore it to its former glory.
- Queens Country Farm Museum. This is where your kids can enjoy hay rides, a corn maze, picking their own pumpkins, and savor fresh apple cider. It features a petting zoo, and guided tours of the farmhouse. Watch out for their scheduled events held throughout the year.
This is just a tip of the iceberg. New York City has more to offer to kids from ages 1 to 92! Consult your travel agent for more details.
Start your trip to New York City, New York
Let us help you plan your trip