Cuba is ready to be conquered! Now that the United States is opening its embassy in Cuba, and with the influx of Canadian tourists, it is expected that Cuba will be the next vacation hotspot. Here are some activities to experience and places to visit that are under the radar of most travelers.
- Climb to the top of La Gran Piedra in Santiago de Cuba. Aside from affording you fantastic views of the sea and the mountains, you might able to catch some clouds!
- Take a ferry from Santiago de Cuba to Granma Island. It will take you about 15 minutes to walk through the island, after which, you can have savor delectable seafood dishes at Restaurante el Cayo.
- Explore the Bellamar Caves located in Matanzas. The caves are filled with stalactites and stalagmites. These are the longest and deepest natural caves in Cuba.
- Enjoy the sun, sand and sea at Guardalavaca located in Holguín Province. The beach is not as crowded and you can snorkel or dive along its coral reefs.
- Visit the Parque Nacional Vinales, a UNESCO World Heritage Site located at Sierra de los Organos. It is where you can enjoy hiking and horseback riding.
- Take a trip to the oldest city in Cuba, Baracoa. It features colonial architectures, white beaches, waterfalls, and a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve area where rare plants and birds are protected and preserved.
- Discover Peninsula de Zapata which is one of the largest wetlands in the Caribbean. It is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. A nature lover’s paradise, it features about 150 different species of birds, crocodiles and other reptiles, and a number of plant species.
- Spend a few days at Jardines del Rey, an archipelago located off the northern coast of the country. You can enjoy numerous water activities in one of its islands.
- Learn more about turtles at the Sea Turtle Hatchery located in Cayo Largo. You can take the baby turtles in your hands and feed them too!
- Take a boat ride through the mangroves at Laguna La Redonda in Moron. There is plenty to see including termite mounds, orchids, humming bird nests, royal palms, and lots of wildlife.
There is so much more to enjoy and explore in Cuba! It is a country that must be visited soon. Consult jubilee for more details.
Start your trip to Cuba
Let us help you plan your trip
- Explore The Worlds Most Amazing Destinations
- Saddle up for an Equestrian Adventure with National Geographic
- Six New Intrepid Trips for Solo Travelers
- Uniworld + Butterfield & Robinson Active Travel River Cruises
- Great Deals at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts
- All-Inclusive Luxury Cruising the Caribbean on Regent Seven Seas Cruises