How do you revolutionize river cruise ships?
River cruise ships are limited in length by the navigational requirements of rivers... like the sizes of locks. While ships bear their company livery colors and a few unique design features, many river cruise ships appear much the same - at least on the outside.
The design for the AmaMagna, launching in 2019, is game changing. It maintains navigational/ length limitations - but it's twice the width of traditional European river cruise ships.
What makes a double-width river cruise ship a game changer?
The concept has been 'floating' around for a while (pun intended), but AmaWaterways is the first cruise line to pull the trigger on building a double-width river cruise ship.
That opens the doors wide to re-interpret the guests' experience on a river cruise ship. So with the debut of the concept of a double-width ship, AmaWaterways design team has aimed high at maximizing the two times more space available than on a single ship.
The AmaMagna will include:
- River cruising's first open-water sports platform, complete with zodiac boats, canoes and recreational equipment.
- Only 194 guests in 97 large staterooms - that's only 30 guests more than single-width ships.
- Expansive public spaces, including:
- Dedicated multiple dining spaces including an al fresco, glass-enclosed restaurant.
- A large heated sundeck swimming pool with whirlpool and sky bar.
- Expanded spa and fitness area and wellness offerings that will complement AmaWaterways' popular biking and hiking programs.
- And they're even able to double the ship's width while doubling down on eco-friendly innovation with a more fuel-efficient engine that's also quieter.
Sound familiar? What we're seeing is the best of small-ship/ yacht, luxury ocean cruising... brought to rivers.
The AmaMagna launches in 2019 on Danube itineraries. AmaWaterways is also offering Concierge Cruise + Golf packages for AmaMagna guests to enjoy along the Danube route, as well as wedding/vow renewal packages.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The first cruises on Colombia's Magdalena River by a majo... more