Explore the landscapes and cultures of Europe on foot, and get closer than ever to this extraordinary continent. Walk in the footsteps of Spanish pilgrims, Scottish kings, and visionary Italian artists, or experience distinctive traditions and cuisines along the coast of Croatia or in the heart of the Alps.
On National Geographic Expedition's newest adventure, trek the spectacular Alpe-Adria Trail from the foot of Austria’s highest mountain, through Slovenia’s lush forests, to Italy’s Adriatic coast. From Alpine meadows to idyllic vineyards, witness incredible natural wonders and delve into history at World War II battlefields and remote mountain chapels.
Discover the many places your feet can take you, and find inspiration for autumn in this roundup of top fall hiking trips in Europe.
Some dates still available for Fall 2019!
Or ask us about the 2020 hiking/walking season.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR DETAILS, DATES AND PRICES
OF THESE INSPIRED NAT GEO VACATIONS BY FOOT.
Grab your gear and head into the wilderness with National Geographic!
On our active hiking expeditions, you'll venture off the beaten path in spectacular places around the globe, following in the footsteps of National Geographic’s explorers and adventurers. Whether you're trekking through some of the world's most legendary mountain ranges; discovering wild and stunning landscapes by foot, or hiking an ancient pilgrimage route, you’ll experience the unforgettable rush that comes with achieving a personal quest.
Nat Geo keeps group size to a maximum of 16 so that the group can move with agility, interact with local cultures, and enjoy every place visited in-depth.
Exploration Happens Because of You.
When you travel with National Geographic Expeditions, you help further the work of Nat Geo scientists, explorers and educators around the world.
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- Accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Daily activities and excursions as indicated in the itinerary
- Gratuities (with the exception of lead adventure guides)
What's Not Included
- Airfare to and from destination, as well as internal airfare where applicable
- Trip cancellation insurance or any other travel insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities for lead adventure guides
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.
You know the old saying: 'If wishes were horses…' Well if... more
- Saddle up for an Equestrian Adventure with National Geographic
- Six New Intrepid Trips for Solo Travelers
- Uniworld + Butterfield & Robinson Active Travel River Cruises
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- Great Deals at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts
- Top 10 Scottish Words & Phrases: Blether like a local…