Have you ever thought about living in a castle while on vacation?
In countries such as Germany, Ireland, France, Italy and Scotland, you can often stay in a castle for far less than a hotel.
• Castle Hotel Auf Schönberg This castle is surrounded by a beautiful view of the Rhine River along with vineyards and trails for hiking and is perfect for touring the wine country. The castle was inherited by all the sons in the family instead of just the eldest; it accommodated up to 250 people from 24 families during the 14th century.
• Castle Hotel Liebenstein This castle is the highest castle in the Rhine River Valley. Is is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage Upper Rhine Valley. Liebenstein is furnished in medieval style with decorations that rival those of the luxury Hotel Wernberg. Rumor has it that the castle hotel was built for the younger of the two brothers whose feud over a woman split the family line forever. From the hotel, it is only a short walk down to the river pier where Rhine cruises depart daily.
• Castle Sababurg This castle is surrounded by the oldest zoological garden in Europe (Tierpark Sababurg) and an ancient forest with oak trees that are over 650 years old (Urwald Sababurg). It is also the setting for the Sleeping Beauty fairytale. Each of the hotel’s rooms is named after an animal, a nod to the castle’s history. Performances and parties are held both in the castle’s vaulted cellar and in the castle ruins.
• Burghotel Schloss Staufenberg This castle is located near Giessen, Marburg, and Wetzlar. It has replaced room numbers with the names of important historical persons. You can stay in Count Gazmar’s Suite or Countess Sophie’s Apartments. During World War II Staufenberg was occupied by Allied troops and used as a refugee camp.
• Castle Hotel Colmberg Set in Bavaria, the thousand-year-old Castle Colmberg is a destination on both the Romantic Road and the Castle Road. This hotel has it all: ancient stone towers, fortified walls, overgrown royal stables, and a deer reserve. Ask for one of the historic rooms that have four-poster beds, centuries-old paintings, antique furniture, and wooden ceilings.
Ready set jet!!! Contact us today for more information.
Where do you want to go?
- Explore The Worlds Most Amazing Destinations
- Saddle up for an Equestrian Adventure with National Geographic
- Uniworld + Butterfield & Robinson Active Travel River Cruises
- Six New Intrepid Trips for Solo Travelers
- Great Deals at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts
- Cruise to Cuba? Yes You Can!