It is only a couple more days until lift off! Croatia here I come!
I am super excited to be one of a handful of Travel Agents heading to Dubrovnik to experience G Adventures “Local Living.”
This travel genre is designed to get deep inside a destination, unpack once and discover life as it’s lived every day. Sounds intriguing.
Here’s a glimpse at my ‘work’ over the next week. I’ll be home based in a rustic olive oil farm. From there I’ll be exploring and spending time in the old walled city of Dubrovnik. AND, I’ll be …
- Learning about olive oil production
- Cycling through countryside vineyards with wine & Prosecco tasting (of course)
- Taking a hands-on Croatian cooking class
- Boat cruising on the Adriatic Sea
- Swimming on secluded beaches
Our Super Agent Kim, spent 3 weeks in Croatia this time last year - she says I absolutely must try the mouth-watering meat platters found on most menus. That chased with honey Grappa, a terrible tasting (or unique tasting..depending on your point of view) alcoholic beverage.
Apparently honey makes it more palatable.
I’ve learned a few Croatian phrases on a "Learn Croatian' App, but I think my pronunciation may be a little off. We'll see how the locals react to my efforts!
WOW – I can hardly wait!
PS – Follow my Adventures on Facebook and the next Newsletter (May 25th)
Start your trip to Croatia
Let us help you plan your trip
Love Halloween? This is the Halloween trip of a life... more
- Explore The Worlds Most Amazing Destinations
- Saddle up for an Equestrian Adventure with National Geographic
- Six New Intrepid Trips for Solo Travelers
- Uniworld + Butterfield & Robinson Active Travel River Cruises
- Great Deals at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts
- All-Inclusive Luxury Cruising the Caribbean on Regent Seven Seas Cruises