Munich's annual extravaganza of beer halls, buxom girls in dirndls, pretzels and the best of the 'wurst' (pun intended!) actually gets underway in September. Its origins in Germany involve a wedding and a harvest festival, but now, Munich's Oktoberfest is one of the most famous multi-day parties in the world.
If you're missing Bavaria's biggest party this year, you're not out of luck yet: Germans have taken the festival's spirit of beer hall fellowship ('gemutlichkeit') and love of great German food with them where they've settled in other lands.
So the world's SECOND largest Oktoberfest might be closer than you imagine. And they don't tap the first keg until October.
So dust off your lederhosen, find your beer stein, round up a few of your best friends and celebrate one of the most famous months of the year!
Start your Trip!
Start your trip to Canada
Let us help you plan your trip
- 10 Amazing Facts about the Tasmanian Devil
- Top 10 Scottish Words & Phrases: Blether like a local…
- The Only 5-Star Resort in Latin America Gets a $35 Million Reno
- 8 Facts About the Panama Canal
- Uniworld + Butterfield & Robinson Active Travel River Cruises
- All-Inclusive Luxury Cruising the Caribbean on Regent Seven Seas Cruises