- Hold off on posting that selfie until you return from your vacation. This includes sharing details on social media before and during your trip. Your friends and family will be just as envious of your trip if you post pics after you return home.
- Check the privacy and security settings of your social media accounts, and review who has access to your personal information. Even if you have set rigid privacy settings for your social media accounts, it's still possible for others to view what you post through the accounts of friends and followers.
- Review pictures you’ve previously posted on your profiles and remove any information someone might use to find your home address. Look carefully! Sometimes that information isn’t written on a document, but can be found in the background of photos.
- And avoid posting photos with geotagging as it can reveal your location in real time; turn off geolocation data on your phone.
- Review social media posting ground rules with young people traveling with you.
Start Your Trip!
Start your trip to
Let us help you plan your trip
It occupies the most prime location in Costa Rica's Guana... more
Staying at home has not just amplified our need to travel... more
Hyatt's Inclusive Collection is inviting guests to &q... more
Ride the rails around America this summer and save hundre... more
Adventures by Disney is returning to three of Europe'... more
Located at the eastern end of the Mediterranean, Israel i... more