Adventure travel for the thrill? Or to be well?
More and more travelers are turning to the exploration of other cultures and landscapes in search of food for the body and soul, spiritual inspiration, interaction with nature, and mindful practices.
Maybe you're jump-starting a healthier way of life, need to take a break to de-stress or heal or reinforce wellness practices, and want to do it in the company of a small group of like-minded travelers in some of the most inspiring and famous wellness destinations in the world.
G Adventures' has introduced a collection of tours that balance must-see destination highlights with a slower, more mindful pace, wellness experiences, smaller groups, and connection to the local people, culture and Nature.
The 10 new small-group tours welcome both women and men, solo and groups of travelers, and are accessible to a broad range of ages and abilities. They take a slower pace but still stretch participants physically and experientially.
GAdventures' Wellness Adventures include a higher service level than standard GAdventures tours, with quality accommodations, private transportation, more meals and activities and are centered around three pillars:
Mindfulness – Wellness Adventures begin with an intention setting ceremony, and the pace and accommodations provide local grounding and a calming base outside the bustle of city centers.
Movement – Local experts lead a variety of types of yoga and optional guided meditations. Every tour involves movement and interaction with the outdoors.
Nourishment – Authentic local dishes and culinary tours including vegetarian and vegan options, market visits, tastings with local guides, and cooking classes with fresh ingredients.
World-wide wellness tour itineraries and highlights include:
- Mi Cafecito Community Coffee Plantation, a G for Good project supporting 200 local farmers
- yoga sessions overlooking the Arenal Volcano,
- hiking, thermal hot springs, therapeutic mud bath
- isolated undeveloped beach getaway
- Cartagena street food tour
- crystal clear waters on the Rosario Islands
- hike and a healing visit to a sacred pools in a National Park
- daily yoga practices
Peru, Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley
- Sacred Valley with a taste of local food
- stand-up paddleboard across pristine waters surrounded by towering Andean peaks.
- yoga sessions, a hot springs visit, 1-day Inca Trail Hike
- awe-inspiring beauty and power of Machu Picchu
- hike up Öskjuhlíð Hill overlooking Reykjavik.
- Golden Circle and Thingvellir National Park
- yoga on black sand beaches
- Blue Lagoon famous thermal hot springs
- vast open spaces and dramatic landscapes
- morning yoga sessions
- breathtaking hikes, kayaking, and horseback riding
Rome & Tuscany
- Palatine Hill and the Colosseum
- Tuscan villages, exceptional local food and wine,
- cycling in the Tuscan hills
- healing thermal waters
- one of the world's largest Buddhist shrines
- two-nights at a monastery
- meditation sessions with long-practicing monks
- Buddha’s birthplace
- tropical wonders
- traditional offering at Hindu temples
- daily yoga practices
- traditional Balinese healing ceremonies
- serene beaches
- India's most hallowed spiritual grounds
- iconic sites of Northern India.
- ashram in Rishikesh
- yoga and meditation
- homeland of the Dalai Lama
- ancient restorative practices, yoga sessions, and healthy food
- hot springs
- the birthplace of traditional Thai massage
- optional round of Muay Thai
- island beaches and sunsets over the ocean
The 10 new Wellness itineraries are priced from $1,549 USD per person, land only, and the first departures take place - naturally - on Global Wellness Day.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Where do you want to go?
At 5,895 m (19,340 ft), Mt Kilimanjaro is Africa's hi... more
Love Halloween? This is the Halloween trip of a life... more
- Explore The Worlds Most Amazing Destinations
- Saddle up for an Equestrian Adventure with National Geographic
- Six New Intrepid Trips for Solo Travelers
- Uniworld + Butterfield & Robinson Active Travel River Cruises
- Great Deals at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts
- All-Inclusive Luxury Cruising the Caribbean on Regent Seven Seas Cruises