Its Not always Sun, Sea & Partying in Jamaica. For those who enjoy a rugged trail or scenic vacation, then visiting the Blue Mountains may be the ideal vacation spot for you. Here are 5 activities that you can include in your next trip to Jamaica.
The island of Jamaica is world reknown for its white sandy beaches, its music such as Reggae and Dancehall, and unique foods. Located in Jamaica's eastern parishes are the majestic Blue Mountains, a scenic masterpiece for nature lovers. The Blue Mountains are the longest mountain range in Jamaica and include the island's highest point, Blue Mountain Peak, at 2256 meters. The mountain range received its name because the mist appeared blue to the early settlers.
Visitors to the Blue Mountains can:
- Bask in the Scenic Beauty by Bicycle Riding, which is ideal for those who wish to experience and photograph the world's famous Jamaican Blue Mountains and the island culture and lush, tropical countryside - all while riding out in the fresh Jamaican air.
- Coffee lovers can visit the Blue Mountain Coffee Estate to watch the detailed coffee process from planting to roasting, with tasting samples accompanied by wonderful home baking. You can even purchase a few bottles of this gourmet coffee to take home for your early morning "jolts" before a long day.
- Hiking and camping in the Blue Mountains National Park is strenuous and not for the faint of heart. The peak of the range rises to an altitude of 7,402 feet, and the higher you climb, the craggier the terrain. However, the experience will be memorable and a fitness challenge for extreme sportsmen and women. There several camp sites across the Blue Mountains with cabins and sanitary facilities. Also you may climb to the peak following several trails across the parishes of St. Andrew, St. Thomas and Portland.
- Intrigued by birds? Keep an eye out for endemic birds such as Ring Tailed Pigeon, Jamaican Parakeet, Jamaican Blackbird and many others.
Now that you have an outline of activities when visiting the Blue Mountains, you can book your next trip to Jamaica.
Call us now and we'll have you prepared for your next vacation at Blue Mountains.
Start your trip to Portland, Jamaica
Let us help you plan your trip
Single occupancy supplements starting at only 25%... more
Book by April 30 for $499 Airfrom Major Canadian Cities o... more
- Saddle up for an Equestrian Adventure with National Geographic
- Six New Intrepid Trips for Solo Travelers
- Uniworld + Butterfield & Robinson Active Travel River Cruises
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- Great Deals at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts
- Top 10 Scottish Words & Phrases: Blether like a local…