It is only a couple more days until lift off! Croatia here I come!
I am super excited to be one of a handful of Travel Agents heading to Dubrovnik to experience G Adventures “Local Living.”
This travel genre is designed to get deep inside a destination, unpack once and discover life as it’s lived every day. Sounds intriguing.
Here’s a glimpse at my ‘work’ over the next week. I’ll be home based in a rustic olive oil farm. From there I’ll be exploring and spending time in the old walled city of Dubrovnik. AND, I’ll be …
- Learning about olive oil production
- Cycling through countryside vineyards with wine & Prosecco tasting (of course)
- Taking a hands-on Croatian cooking class
- Boat cruising on the Adriatic Sea
- Swimming on secluded beaches
Our Super Agent Kim, spent 3 weeks in Croatia this time last year - she says I absolutely must try the mouth-watering meat platters found on most menus. That chased with honey Grappa, a terrible tasting (or unique tasting..depending on your point of view) alcoholic beverage.
Apparently honey makes it more palatable.
I’ve learned a few Croatian phrases on a "Learn Croatian' App, but I think my pronunciation may be a little off. We'll see how the locals react to my efforts!
WOW – I can hardly wait!
PS – Follow my Adventures on Facebook and the next Newsletter (May 25th)
Start your trip to Croatia
Let us help you plan your trip
NEVER STRUGGLE PLANNING A FAMILY VACATION AGAIN! A n... more
G Adventures’ Adds 12 Tours to its ‘Jane Goodall Collection’ to Support Conservation and Responsible Wildlife Tourism
G Adventures is updating its exclusive Dr. Jane Goodall-e... more
Travel is Great. So is saving money.With the New Year, co... more
- Saddle up for an Equestrian Adventure with National Geographic
- Six New Intrepid Trips for Solo Travelers
- Uniworld + Butterfield & Robinson Active Travel River Cruises
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- Great Deals at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts
- All-Inclusive Luxury Cruising the Caribbean on Regent Seven Seas Cruises